We finished painting both Old Men puppets and I'm pretty happy with the way they came out. The hands molded relatively poorly though.(which is bad because we have multiple close ups of them)
Here is the original sketch of the Old Man compared to how he came out.
Here's the Old Man and the Angel statue.
I painted the body and my dad painted the face and hands. We used equal parts acrylic paint and liquid latex. I then powdered the puppets to cut down on tackiness of the latex. In the days to come, we'll begin constructing the sets and I will hopefully get to start animating by the first week of January.