Thursday, December 31, 2009

Meet the Skull Bunny

Between the music video and my graphic novel, I had a little down time and decided that it would be cool to make a puppet based on this doodle that always seems to find its way onto my paper.
I made the armature out of a couple Helping Hand rigs, epoxy putty, some armature wire for the arms and a piece of K&S tubing for the neck. I decided that I didn't want to waste time and material, so I went with the build-up method instead of foam latex. (see second image)
The head was made out of Sculpey.
And the ears were made out of wire dipped in liquid latex, then flocked to give a furry look.
I finished it off with a bit of burlap that my uncle (yes the same uncle who found the camera rig) generously donated. He was the only one I knew who had burlap. It seems no one sells it any more.

Maybe you'll see this little guy soon. That is, if I have the time to animate him. Mind you, I made this puppet in three days.